9:00 am & 10:30 am
New Sermon Series
Night of Prayer
We will resume our monthly Night of Prayer this Wednesday, January 16 from 6:00 to 7:00pm in the Sanctuary. Come for a time of “soaking prayer,” a short vespers service, and communion, followed by opportunities for experiential prayer, such as walking the labyrinth, praying with color, prayers for forgiveness and remembrance as well as other hands-on ways to pray. Other scheduled dates are February 20 and March 20. If you have questions, get in touch with Rev. Shannon Sandifer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retirement Reception for Tammie Miller
Abundant Life on Wednesdays
You are invited to join us on a journey to find an abundant life and grow in discipleship together. Our spring Abundant Life will kick-off on Wednesday, January 30 at 5:30pm with a Community Meal. Adults will then go to their group of choice (#BMOOR ADULTING, The Bible Course, or a NEW Women’s Group) at 6:15pm and children in grades K – 5th will go to Broadmoor Kidz Mid-Week. This invitation to Christian discipleship is aimed at helping you discover the abundant life that Jesus gives. Are you ready? Pick up an Abundant Life flyer with more details at any worship entrance, Connection Café, or the church office. And then, register online at www.broadmoormethodist.org today to reserve your seat! If you have any questions, please contact Rev. Kennon Pickett at 225-924-6269 or email@example.com.
For those adults attending Abundant Life on Wednesdays, a nursery is available downstairs in the Children’s Building from 6:00 – 8:00pm for infants to Pre-K children.
You are invited Sundays from 10:00 – 10:30am for a special time of fellowship between worship services.
- This Sunday: Pastries with the Pastors. Join our pastors in Connection Café for a sweet treat and conversation. We may even do a round of “Ask the Pastor”.
- Next Sunday: You’re So Cheesy. Celebrate National Cheese Lovers Day with an assortment of cheesy goodness. While you’re at it, say “cheese”! Take a selfie and post on Instagram with the hashtag #bmoorcheesy.
Friends ‘N Faith
Women Making a Difference
Spring Youth Events
- Senior High Sexuality Retreat –This retreat on February 1 – 2, is for all current 9th – 12th grade students. Our hopes for participants are that their knowledge of the emotional as well as physical act of sexual activity increases. We want students to understand that sexuality is a good gift from God and that the church is a positive place to deal with all issues involved in growing physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Cost of the retreat is $50.
- Super Bowling – Join the youth group on Sunday, February 3 for an afternoon of lunch and bowling. The event is FREE and open to students currently in 7th – 12th grade. We’ll be heading to All Star Lanes immediately after church. Students can be dropped off, drive themselves, or ride the church bus.
- Mystery Mission Trip – This summer our students will be traveling on their 20thMystery Mission Trip. Trip dates are June 1 – 8 and the cost is $420. Deposit is $200 and due by February 28. Youth can earn money towards the trip through volunteering at church events. All students wanting to go on this trip must work the Shining Stars Fundraiser in February.
2019 God’s Creation Calendars
Beautiful 2019 calendars are available for $10 in the Connection Café and in the church office during the week. $6.50 from every calendar sold goes toward Youth Group scholarships for retreats and events. Pick one up today—they make great Christmas gifts! Thank you in advance for your continued support of youth ministry at Broadmoor. Questions? Contact Tori Mick at 225- 924-6269 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the Date!
Let’s Get FIT…with Hospitality
It’s a new year, but we’re still getting Hospitality FIT! In 2019, you’ll still find easy Get FIT tips around campus and on social media to help us all be more welcoming to each other and our new friends visiting Broadmoor. This week’s Get FIT tip is: Get out of your comfort zone. Greet someone you’ve never met today! If you’ve witnessed someone being extra hospitable, please contact Christi Rangel at 225-924-6269 or email@example.com we can honor their hospitality.
Get Your Name Tag
New to Broadmoor? Come by Connection Café on Sunday during [the in-between] from 10:00-10:30am and sign up for a personalized name tag. Name tags will be printed during the week and you can pick up in Connection Café next Sunday. Please contact Christi Rangel at 225-924-6269 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need to request your name tag.
New Broadmoor Umbrellas
You don’t have to miss church anymore because of the rain. We’ve got new Broadmoor umbrellas to keep you nice and dry! You can find them on rainy days near the Sanctuary, Connection Café and the Adult Building. If you’d like to have one of your own, come by Connection Café to purchase one for $20. Cash or check only, please.
Oberammergau Passion Play
Make plans now to join Rev. Donnie for a once in a lifetime trip to experience the Oberammergau Passion Play July 15-24, 2020. Since 1633 the people of Oberammergau, Germany have performed the “Story of the Suffering, Dying, and Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ” every ten years to fulfill a promise they made to God. This will be the 41st performance of this one of a kind event.
For those who are interested, brochures are available in the church office and in Connection Cafe. If you have questions about the trip, you may contact Rev. Donnie at 225-924-6269 or email@example.com.
© 2018 Broadmoor United Methodist Church.